This page is for information to support health care staff who look after our patients.
Instructions for SystmOne Users who need to access EMIS records for our patients
Where you have a legitimate relationship to view a patient’s records in SystmOne, you can now view EMIS records for that patient, also from within SystmOne.
- You will need to log on with a smartcard to use the system.
- If you are not logged on with a smartcard, then you will not be permitted to use the system.
- If a patient is flagged as Spine Sensitive then you will not be able to use the system.
- Users will need to add the Third Party Patient Record node to their Clinical Tree to view patient records from EMIS
- Selecting the Third Party Patient Record node and clicking Check for Records will send a message to participating EMIS organisations. This will query whether EMIS has the patient registered and if they hold information for the patient that is available to be shared.
Non-urgent advice: Can’t see the full record?
After retrieving the records you can see more of the notes (especially consultations) by selecting an alternative view using the drop down menu below.
This is really important as you will only see the last 3 consultations in the default view
See the full training guide below.